The National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania would be pleased to provide you with information regarding blindness and blindness-related issues. Some of our best resources are the blind people in the NFB who have years of experience dealing with and overcoming the challenges of blindness. If the information below does not answer your questions or provide what you need, please Contact Us so we can help meet your specific needs.
If you or someone you know has recently become blind or would benefit from training, we highly recommend the programs offered by the NFB’s Training Centers.
The NFB has many books, booklets, brochures, hand-outs, and other printed and electronic materials that can be very helpful in many different situations.
- Resources for blind Pennsylvanians
- The National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute can help you get the information you need to live life to the fullest!
- Voice of the Nation’s Blind
- NFB Newsline for the Blind
Dial 888 882-1629 to read Pennsylvania newspapers
- blind science
- NFB of PA Website gets 96 score
- Find your elected officials, learn about legislation and let your voice be heard using the Legislation and Advocacy page
- Pennsylvania Client Assistance Program
- Information on the Ticket to Work
- from the E-sight Career Network Disability Direct from the U. S. Government A web page devoted to helping you locate Government Benefits
- Learn more about Pennsylvania Chapters of NFB
- Accessible Pennsylvania web site
- Read Disability Notes from the Social Security Administration. Visit the federal website at www.disability.gov
- Contact Mackey Enterprises, LLC to assist with your data entry, bookkeeping, or website design projects.
- If you want to play golf as a blind individual, then join the Middle Atlantic Blind Golf Association.
- Those that want to be independent blind bookkeepers or accountants using QuickBooks, contact MyBlindSpot to acquire their QuickBooks Blind scripts for JAWS (Job Access With Speech).